Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Reflective Blogging Assignment #1

Technology to "stay in touch"

In today's tech savy world, it is important to stay up to date with technology in order to keep in touch with news, friends, family, and communication.  If people don't use technology systems to communicate, they may then fall behind the times with the growth of technology.  In the past 10 years, communication has grown from simply using a telephone to the expanded forms we use today.  In today's society we use Smartphones, laptops, desktops, tablets, and smartwatches to communicate.

The main forms of technology I use to stay in touch include my Smartphone (Samsung), Laptop (Mac), PS3 and Xbox.  More specifically, to stay in touch I text, skype, use FaceBook/Twitter, Blog, and email.  My most common device I use is my Smartphone, but I also use my Laptop constantly throughout the day.  Unfortunately, my smartphone is extremely slow so I am somewhat reluctant to download tons of apps because it is almost more of a pain to use them because to the lack of speed.  I plan on getting an iPhone 5 in May.  It will be extremely nice to have an Apple phone and laptop so I will be able to synch all of my stuff together.  

Recently, my PS3 broke down, so now I am looking for a plan for the future.  The PS4 and XBox 720 will probably be out in the next year and I am excited to see the growth of these video game systems.  I have read some blogs and heard that the PS4 may contain recyclable materials, 3D features, and will synch with other Sony devices.  (Similar to Apple's synching feature).

I look forward to seeing where things will go in the future.  (I hope to buy a smart-watch in the next year).


1 comment:

  1. Yeah I'm thinking everyone is going to have the same response to this first reflective blog question. Last time I was in the mac store at the west town mall, I saw that they now have a new smartwatch that, i believe, syncs with the apple iCloud. I thought about getting one for when I'm working out at the gym but i would most likely damage it i think. The price on the "iWatch" is 239.99--kinda pricey like most apple products.

    -Mike Hershberger-

    ReplyDelete